Chiropractic Care to Relieve Sciatica
Serving Spring Hill, Hudson, Brooksville and Homosassa
When the largest single nerve in the entire body has something wrong with it, you can expect to experience serious consequences. Sciatica is a collection of symptoms, stemming from an impingement or injury to the sciatic nerve, that can range from annoying to disabling, seemingly coming and going at will but never staying away for long. If you're suffering from back pain, leg pain or other common signs of sciatica, you may hate the idea of undergoing surgery to relieve the impingement. So you'll be relieved to know that your Spring Hill, Hudson, Brooksville and Homosassa chiropractors at Family Chiropractic Center for Wellness (Dr. Brian, Dr. Anish, Dr. Zack and Dr. William) can provide natural, non-surgical treatment alternatives.
The sciatic nerve is an impressive nerve indeed; it's a thick as your thumb on places and extends from the base of the base all the way to the foot by branching out into peroneal and tibial nerves -- which in turn branch out further into all the other smaller nerves that communicate with this part of the body. It's only logical that if something happens to cut off the stream of sensory and motor data going through this nerve, any or all of the connected nerves may also be impaired. The results commonly include:
- Sharp, shooting pains running down the leg or into the buttock
- Tingling "pins and needles" sensations in the leg or foot
- Lower back pain
- Loss of sensation in the leg
- Loss of muscle control, causing leg/foot weakness
- While sciatica can be the product of a tumor or other disease, for many people it's the result of some spinal component pressing or pinching against the sciatic nerve roots, which jut out from the lumbar and sacral vertebrae. A herniated disc, for instance, can push its inner material out onto a nerve root. A shifting the vertebrae called spondylolisthesis can also be to blame. You may develop sciatica after a traumatic accident, or it may develop slowly on its own after years of spinal misalignment.
Our goal at Family Chiropractic Center for Wellness is to help Spring Hill, Hudson, Brooksville and Homosassa, Florida residents overcome their sciatica pain naturally, without surgery, so they can resume their daily lives and favorites activities. We begin with a thorough consultation, taking x-rays if you don't already have a recent one on file, to confirm the source of your symptoms. We can then apply treatment to the precise area that needs it.
We use a variety of methods to help you feel better naturally. Chiropractic care is a highly effective method for adjusting the spinal alignment to relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve. Herniated discs respond well to distraction force created by non-surgical spinal decompression. Once your chiropractor has corrected your spinal issues, corrective exercises, periodic spinal screenings and other wellness practices can keep you sciatica-free. Please call your nearest location: Spring Hill location: (352) 340-5936, Hudson location: (727) 862-8571, Brooksville location: (352) 283-8388, Homosassa location: (352) 587-4155